The Toddler program at The Valley School is focused on providing an environment that encourages your child to actively explore the world with their bodies and all their senses. In every classroom, you will find experienced teachers who are skilled in supporting toddlers’ growing independence, emerging skills, & developing sense of self. Classrooms are equipped with materials that promote and inspire a variety of learning-rich experiences – from providing cause/effect experiences to help toddlers figure out how the world works to opportunities to explore different art materials and even create music.
Each day at The Valley School is filled with rich experiences with language through conversations, stories, songs, finger plays, and other such activities. Your child will begin developing number sense (early mathematical concepts) and have access to a variety of tools to help them build a strong foundation for future learning.
In the Toddler Rooms you will see:
- Experienced teachers who are skilled in supporting toddlers’ growing independence, emerging skills and developing sense of self.
- An environment that encourages toddlers to actively explore with their whole bodies and all their senses.
- Materials that are full of cause and effect experiences to help toddlers figure out how the world works.
- An explosion of language supported by rich experiences with conversations, stories, songs and finger plays.
- Opportunities to explore art materials, create and listen to music
- Child, Parent and Teacher partnerships which support and reinforce your toddlers’ exploration of the world